Budget Is A Four Letter Word

My shopping blog.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lust Haul

Hello, Hello!

This blog is sadly pretty neglected at this time.  I spend most of my time that I have to blog on my baking blog. I will try to get better at blogging! I promise!

Most of you probably already know that I love Lush Products. My Mom used to use a few of the products and would occasionally get me a few for special events but living in Southern MS, Lush stores did not exist lol. Fast forward several years, I moved to Chicago and fell in love all over again. In Chicago, Lush stores are not hard to come by at all and I frequently visit them :)

When Colin's parents came to Chicago for Christmas I introduced them to Lush and they now love it! This week, we are in St Louis visiting them so his Mom and I hit their local Lush store and picked up a few goodies.

I bought two things from their Valentines Day line:
Description from the website:
"Bathtime voodoo! Its musky, creamy scent and dissolvable limbs make for a wickedly fun bath."
This smells great. If I had to describe the scent, I wouldn't call it "musky". I would say creamy vanilla. I can't wait to use it!

Description from the website:
"An enchanting toadstool of strawberries and cream bubbles."
I agree with this description, it does smell very sweet like strawberries and cream.
This bubble bar will last for at least 2 baths, maybe more. A common misconception about bubble bars is that you have to use them all at once which is not true. I have gotten FIVE baths out of one before. It just depends on how much you use.

And two products that were not in the Valentines line:

I don't know why it has taken me this long to purchase this product. I am a freak for all things mango scented.
Description from website:
"Lemongrass and mango butter tropical melt for an soft skin and a sunny outlook."
The saleslady that was helping me said that it will feel like I am bathing in lotion the water will be so soft. I think I like that :) Oh, and it smells AMAZING.

Description from the website:
"The green one for steam cleaning congested and oily skin."
I couldn't contain my curiosity about this little guy so I had to pick one up. 

That is all I got from the St Louis Lush store but little did I know that my MIL had gotten me a gift set in the After Christmas Sale.

The Christmas Star Gift Set
This is not online anymore but I will show you each individual gift that came inside.


Description from the website:
"A soothing soaker for seasonal chills"
A saleslady in the Chicago store once told me that this has pop rocks on top to simulate a fire cracking. Or chestnuts roasting. 




Description from the box insert:
"Looks like pudding, smells like pudding, fizzes like a spicy bath bomb"

Description from box insert:
"A carpet of apple-scented snow from our Baby Bomb with added froth"

Description from box insert:
"Plunge yourself into a deep, spicy ginger-scented bath"
Yes, I think I will :)

Those four are from their Christmas line and are all $1.98 on their website, if you are interested in trying them. 
Two products that were included in the gift set that were not from their Christmas line:

Description from box insert:
"Bathe in sweet, fragrant pinkness with an explosion of confetti hearts"
This is something that I have tried before because it has been around forever. I can't remember if I loved it or not (It was years ago) so I will write a review once I have used it again.

Isn't it cute?
Description from the box insert:
"Superbly softening sophisticated strawberry ice-cream bath bomb."


My pictures are horrible because they were taken on an iPhone. I could have taken the pictures from the website but I didn't want anyone to think that I didn't REALLY buy these products. I am not advertising for Lush in anyway and did not receive these products as compensation for this post from Lush. 

I am writing about Lush because I am absolutely in love with their products and I think that you will be too if you give them a try!

For those of you who have tried Lush before, what did you think? Do you have favorite products?

My favorites will be in a post coming sometime next week :)












Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home